Sunday, July 17, 2011

Update on the whole vegan thing

OK so Robbie and I were hardcore vegan for about a month before I cracked and had to have some fish.  Then we became more veganISH.  So I was really excited to get the results of my bloodwork.  I mean, my dr. doubled the amount of Lipitor I was taking and I'd gone VEGAN for goodness sakes.  I thought my LDL was going to be so low it might not register!  Imagine my surprise and soul crushing disappointment when I learned that my LDL had INCREASED!  Not by much but an increase nonetheless.  For me, it takes a tremendous effort not only to eat healthy but to eat vegan.  I would not choose to be vegan if my health were not at stake.  So when I left the dr. office after that news, I didn't go get a cheeseburger and fries or a thick slice of pizza but I did go get a pork loin at the grocery store.  I still try to stay more vegetarian, less meat but I don't think I'll ever try vegan again.

No comments:

Post a Comment