Saturday, March 12, 2011

Am I back to normal?

This is an excellent question and one that I hear every now and then.  My first reaction when I hear it is to say yes. I'm all better and back to normal.  But I don't think that's entirely true/accurate.  First, what IS my normal?  Tired? Happy? Doing all my normal errands?  I'm doing my normal stuff like grocery shopping, laundry, taking kids to lessons, playdates, cooking (such as it is) and dishes (Robbie doesn the Lion's share).  But I don't do as many things in a day I don't think.  And I get really tired at night sometimes.  And my exercising is not as vigorous as it was before.  Often I don't feel like going out in the evening.  I'm a little afraid to eat out at restaurants (I'm thinking this is actually a rational response--I've looked at the nutrition information and we should ALL be afraid to eat out at most restaurants).  My chest still hurts a little sometimes and there are large numb areas.  And I will always have heart disease.  I will have to remember to take medication every day to lower my chances of having a heart attack.  The medicine helps my numbers but there is no cure.  So I don't think there is going to be a "back to normal" for me.   I think what I'm creating and working on now is a new normal.  It's still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment